NanoCal is a patented, stabilized, very concentrated liquid form of calcium carbonate to be sprayed on turfgrass. NanoCal calcium is mined, and consistently processed to a size of less than one micron. This ultra-small particle ensures that the calcium is rapidly available for root uptake or adsorption to soil cation exchange sites.
In the plant:
- Calcium plays an active role in the uptake of water and nutrients.
- It strengthens cell walls, and works as a signal messenger helping activate natural plant defense mechanisms.
- Calcium reduces or prevents infections by increasing cuticular thickness and cell turgor pressure. It reinforces cell walls
- Calcium protects the plant by acting as a buffering agent against stress caused by soil toxicity or extremes of acidity or alkalinity.
- Calcium is an essential element required by plants for proper seed germination
In the Soil:
- Calcium improves water penetration in most soil types and assists in soil flocculation.
- Calcium has the ability to displace sodium ions on the soil colloid, and also buffer salts that may be present in the root rhizosphere.
- Calcium helps to push the soil platelets apart, creating a more suitable environment for aeration and root growth.
- Calcium is important in maintaining proper Base Saturation
|Ca Per Gallon||
|Weight Per Gallon||